Evaluation


Evaluation

In this evaluation, I will be looking at my overall contribution to the presentation day video that was created for Hadlow college. My group, who was made up by myself, Joel nightingale and Melanie Paige, worked alongside a client that gave us the overall requirements as to what will be putting into the edit.  I worked with these two for the edit half of the presentation day video with only Joel and Ruairi switching after filming.  

Throughout the presentation day video creation, we all went off into groups to film for the videos for that college. When it came down to the editing process, I worked with Joel and Melanie to edit. We all created a different sequence for the different subjects that we had to cover. We did two each and then proceeded to make the individual edit. I worked as the chief editor, making the final decision on what I feel like could be the best for the individual edit.

I feel like the best pieces of the video was the way we managed to capture the joy of the course and college and its, joyous atmosphere. I capture this by using a lot of the shots that involved the teens together and doing their roles at the college. The pacing of the filming and shot cuts works well with the music focusing on the aspect of cutting to the beat and smooth transitions.

I choose the shots from the sequences that I thought would work well together and made the video flow more. The transitions along with the different shot types helps to show the flow of the video along with what the college must offer. We were told to keep teachers out of the shots which is difficult but, I managed to trim and edit clips so that the teachers are kept out.

Feedback

Sam Peate- I thought the edit was great, I enjoyed the editing and the way that it flows. If I would have any changed I would improve some of the signage but understand the setbacks with filming. I like most of the transitions and I enjoyed the cutting to the beat.

Luke Cheeseman- Very well made and the shot transitions are smooth as well as cut to the beat I really enjoyed it and things there is nothing to improve on. 

Client feedback- I liked the edit of the video the only thing that needs to be changed and added is the transition between the animal management clips needs the transition to be the same as the previous one. I would like there to be signs at the beginning and the end and then better signage, apart from that the edit is very well composed. 

After reviewing the client feedback, I adjusted the work accordingly to what they had said. I put in the logos and signs that they wanted. I smoothed and stabilized the signage by placing a warp stabilize on top of the video. The effect helps to make the video look more professional and create a better flow to the video. I also took the peer feedback and saw the problems and resolved them the best that they could be and make the video seem flawless.

After showing the client, the final edits, they had this to say ‘nice juxtaposition between the student and animals and grounds. Positive representation shows the Hadlow College as an idyllic land based college.’  This shows that the final edit was very good and showed the standard of the college. My edit in comparison was slightly altered but the pieces that I did came out very well and the other worked well with it. I made sure that the section that I created was very well cut to the beat and had the contrast and juxtaposition that would create a very good presentation day video.

In conclusion, I think the edit came out very well and managed to capture the diversity idyllic environment that is the college. I would have changed a couple shot but nonetheless it works well with the music and focused on the student and there environment rather than the teachers and what they do. In summary, the video has great transitions and cuts to the beat nicely.  I would like to change some of the positioning of the clips but due to client needs this couldn’t be changed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22/5/17

16/5/17

16/6/17